Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why I am so Quiet

I hope some of you have noticed that it has been over two months since I have posted on this blog. Well, here's the reason. On April 17, I attended a birthday party at my grandson's house for one of my great grandsons. As I was leaving, I took a shortcut across their yard and stepped in a hole about three feet deep and just a bit larger than my shoe. I ended up with a sprained knee and a stress fracture in my leg. Since then, I have been using a walker and wearing a brace. This is very uncomfortable and I just don't feel well enough to write. I am slowly recovering. Maybe within a couple of weeks, I will be able to walk without the brace. I was not able to drive until this past Monday. This is really taking it's toll on my research. I was planning a trip to Wayne Co. Tennessee a couple of weeks ago to try to locate some original land parcels. Now, I am hoping to make the trip around the first of June.
Wish me luck.
Jim

2 comments:

  1. Glad to find your Brewer blog and hope you are feeling better, getting old is the &*&^%^% isn't it. My research interest is Asa Brewer b. 1810 NC who moved to Wayne Co. Indiana in about 1820. I've had him as the son of Asa born c. 1790 NC who married Dorcas Williams in Surrey Co. NC 1807 but I'm not too sure of that anymore. DNA has connected these Indiana Brewers with your NC and VA Brewers. I'm also very frustrated with the lack of source information. I have issues with the information concerning William b. 1752 s/o Oliver. Most genealogies have him married to Phanah Resden in 1781 with a large number of children born before and after that marriage date; yet, I can find no proof that William b. 1752 and the William that married Phanah are one in the same person. It seems that since William was a Rev. Soldier that everyone wanted to claim him as an ancestor but no one has any proof. In your research what have you came up with concerning the many William and Asa Brewers from VA and NC 1750-1850?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I too am glad to stumble across your Brewer blog, and I look forward to reading the other articles you've posted.

    Gary, I'm trying to connect a William Brewer, born about 1812 in Tennessee to the Asa Brewer who was born in 1790. A probable brother to William is David Brewer, born 1810 in Tennessee who lived in all the same places as William through about 1860. In your research, have you come across any list of siblings for the Asa-b.-1790 that included a William and a David? You can email me directly at gnetz51@gmail.com -- thanks!!

    ReplyDelete